Monday 27 October 2014

Kagome Jacket

I bought a copy of The Knitter today, because the current issue (no. 77) has a pattern I have been waiting to see published since the Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate last November.  It is the Kagome jacket, designed by Emma Vining.   It's knitted in two colourways of a variegated yarn, which share one or two colours, so that they go well together.  But they are different enough that the geometry of the design is clear.  


Emma has had to change the yarn since last year - the one she originally used has been discontinued.  The jacket I saw in Harrogate was in darker, more neutral colours, which I really liked.  I would have to choose a different colourway than the one in The Knitter - the custard yellow and pinky-orange in particular are not colours I would usually choose to wear.  But it's great to see the pattern in print, and it's in a chunky yarn so (a) a quick knit and (b) very suitable for a winter jacket.  I'm impatient to buy the yarn for it - and the Knitting & Stitching Show is at the end of November, so maybe that would be a good place to look, if I can manage to wait that long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...